The 114th Signal Battalion was originally activated as the 3364th Signal Service Battalion on 28 October 1944. The unit was part of the world-wide support structure provided to garrison and field forces during WWII by the Army Service Forces.
After providing key support to Army Air Forces operations and training at Miami Army Air Field, the unit was inactivated at Miami on 22 April 1946, having earned the Meritorious Unit Commendation Streamer (embroidered American Theater).
On 20 October 1959, the unit was re-designated as the 114th Signal Battalion and allotted to the Army Reserve. The unit was again activated on 26 October 1959 at Greensboro, North Carolina. After 9 years, the unit was again inactivated on 31 January 1968.
The 114th Signal Battalion was re-activated as a unit of the 21st Signal Brigade on 16 October 2003, at Fort Detrick, Maryland. At this time the 114th Signal Battalion assumed the 50-year old mission of the 1111th Signal Battalion, which was deactivated at Fort Detrick the same day. And for the first time, the 114th Signal Battalion received its own distinctive unit colors, insignia and coat of arms.
In June 2007, the 55 th Signal Company (Combat Camera) was once again placed under the operational and administrative control of the 114 th Signal Battalion.
On 20 May 2009, Headquarters Company was reorganized as two separate companies, Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment and Alpha Company, 114 th Signal Battalion.
In accordance with FDU 05-01 Alpha Company was deactivated on 8 April 2011, merging both Alpha Company and Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment into one authorized detachment.
114th Signal Battalion members are proud to be
"Signal Masters of the Rock!"